Edstart is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (Kotlin, React) to join our small but growing engineering team in Sydney.
We’re in the midst of developing new product features for our industry-leading in-house lending and payments platform. As a Lead/Senior Fullstack Software Engineer at Edstart, you’ll be working closely with our CTO and other Software Engineers. You'll be influential in defining the future of the product, as well as Edstart's software architecture as we continue to evolve and lead the way for the industry.
Who we are looking for:
- 5 to 7+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years in either Java, Kotlin, or Scala is preferred. Our tech stack is Kotlin, React, TypeScript, Postgres, AWS. If you don’t tick all the boxes, don’t worry, we rather hire Polyglot Engineers who are keen to learn new things.
- An eye for detail and solid understanding of how to deliver quality software within a small start-up.
- Passion - Views development as a craft and/or hobby. You probably spend lots of time on Github and Stackoverflow in your free time.
- Finance experience a big plus.
- Relevant university degree is preferred.
What you’ll be working on
- Continue building out our industry-leading in-house lending platform using the latest tech. Don’t worry - there is no legacy spaghetti code here.
- Work with a small, agile, high-calibre team, where there is potential and indeed expectations to make a true business impact.
- We build most things in house and release to production several times per day.
- Several new projects in the pipeline, as well as improvements to existing tech.
- Career path: option stay deep in tech and progress to more seniority, or move to leadership if so desired.
- Work directly with the business to spec requirements and deliver.
Why join Edstart
- Employee Share Option program
- Work with the latest technology
- Twice a week company-provided catered breakfast and daily coffee
- Flexible working hours and conditions
- Weekly Friday drinks
- Monthly company BBQs / dinners
- Amazing office in the middle of Surry Hills (5 mins to Central Station) - Balcony with BBQ + Roof-top
- Annual training budget so you’ll always be learning - can be spent on conferences, books, etc
If this sounds like you, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have a Github or Stackoverflow account, we would love to see that as well.